Jan 5, 2015

Bout of Books 12.0 - Start

Bout of Books
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 12th and runs through Sunday, May 18th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 10 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. 
~From the Bout of Books team

It's here you guys! Bout of Books 12.0! First, I have to say that I don't know who thought of the No Goals linky, but I am not a big fan of the idea. I love setting goals and trying to achieve them. Also, I love seeing other people's goal posts, they are so inspiring. So, as you may have guessed I will set some goals for this read-a-thon.

My Goals
For Bout of Books 12.0 I am not going to set a page count goal, but instead a time spend reading one. Here it is:
 I want to read at least 3 hours per day. 
As simple as that! The amount of pages read will depend on the book. Since I can sometimes finish a book in 3 hours or I can just read 90 pages of it. It doesn't really matter. I just want to spend more time reading. 
 Also, I will try to do 3 one-hour reading sprints on Monday, Wednesday and Saturday early afternoon, from 16:00 to 17:00. 

TBR Books
I need to finish the last 90 pages or so of Old Man's War. I don't know if I will pick the sequel Ghost Brigades during the read-a-thon, maybe I won't be able to stop myself. But another book I want to read is Two For the Dough.
After I am finished with either all three of them or two of them I would probably pick something for the list below. They are all books I really want to read before I leave my hometown of the 12th because I won't be able to take them with me.
Finally, I will be reading some of my current manga reads: Aphorism vol.10 and Attack on Titan vol.4. These will be good for the reading sprints.

Challenges/Giveaways


Monday 1/5
Bookshelf Scavenger Hunt -- Caught Read Handed
New Year's Resolutions -- The Book That...


Tuesday 1/6
Top 10 Recommendations -- Trees of Reverie


Wednesday 1/7
Character Coupling -- Writing My Own Fairy Tale


Thursday 1/8
The Synopsis Challenge -- LuLo Fangirl
Create a Playlist -- Daring Damsels


Friday 1/9
Describe Your Book in Pictures -- The Book Monsters


Saturday 1/10
Literary Quote Challenge -- Gone with the Words
Rewrite the Story -- A Daydreamer's Thoughts


Sunday 1/11
My (dysfunctional) Book Family -- Auggie Talk
#insixwords Challenge -- Falling Down the Book Hole

*******

Twitter Chats
(chats last approximately one hour)
TZC = Time Zone Conversion

Monday: 1pm CST (TZC)
Wednesday: 8pm CST (TZC)
Saturday: 10am CST (TZC) 


1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of setting a number of hours per day to read. I don't think I could do it, just because I sometimes read in tiny little snippets of time here and there, but it's a great way to measure without being dependent on number of books or pages.

    Also, YAY for Two for the Dough. I do love Stephanie Plum books.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete