Jul 20, 2014

Book Review: Brush Strokes by Janelle Stalder



Janelle's first contemporary novel didn't disappoint me at all. I have a bbad past with the genre. I can never really get into contemporary novels so I mostly stay away from them, but once in a while one book will show up in my radar that I know I have to give it a try. Brush Strokes was it. I really enjoyed this little piece of heaven that Janelle created.

Brush Strokes is the story of Olivia and Colt. They are next door neighbors that always had a thing for each other but never even talked. So, when Olivia leaves to go to art school and then comes back, Colt decides it's time for a change. They start hanging out and getting to know each other and fall even harder in love. Their love story was really sweet, warm and fuzzy. But besides the two MCs Janelle did a great job with the secondary characters, especially the two best friends. They were a breath of fresh air, giving the story a more fun side.

All in all, this was a great story. I loved how each chapters started with a quote about art and how Colt and Olivia's story progressed and bloomed. Highly recommended for lovers of contemporary novels.

No comments:

Post a Comment