Jun 5, 2014

Book Review: Dead Is a State of Mind (Dead Is, #2) by Marlene Perez


Dead Is a State of Mind (Dead Is, #2)
by Marlene Perez

Dead is a State of Mind is the second book in the Dead Is series that follows Daisy and her two sisters Poppy and Rose. In this one, Daisy is continuing her Junior year in high school after her very intense first semester (a.k.a Dead is the New Black). This time around there is a new mysterious guy in her school that claims he is a fortune teller and even though Daisy is no stranger to powers like that, since her family has more than one psychic. But for some reason Daisy doens't trust the new guy, until his precdictions start coming true and a teacher pops up dead. Now everyone's attention is one the killer who seems to be of the furry kind.

This had all the light, funny, breezy writting and storyline I loved in the first book. I really enjoyed the second adventure of the Giordano sisters. And even though the 'twists' of this one were pretty obvious I didn't really mind. I love the whole town of Nightshade, with all its weird residents and creatures.

It's all real fun to read about Daisy and her sisters. I am a big fan of Poppy myself and her story in this book was heartbreaking. I also enjoyed the progress that Daisy had in her relationship. I am just really glad that there are a lot more books in the series waiting for me to pick them up.

No comments:

Post a Comment