Aug 28, 2013

Review: Spark(Elemental #2) & Breathless(Elemental #2.5) by Brigid Kemmerer

Spark is the second book in the Elemental series. This book is about Gabriel, the twin who can control fire and Layne, a geeky, wallflower from his class. The Merrick brothers have survived everything that the Guide in the first book put them through and now they decide to keep low, but there is a serial arson on the lose and the obvious suspect is Gabriel.

There are no words to describe how amazing this book was. Gabriel and Nick are my two favourite characters in the series and this book brought to light so many aspects of Gabriel's characters that we didn't see in the first one, even though Nick pissed me off. This book has so much more inner fight and emotion than the first one. Not so much action but I didn't even notice at all. The relationship between Gabriel and Layne, and how they got involved in each others lives was brilliant. I loved the chemistry between them. Even though I am not a huge fan of Layne, I still prefer Becca from book one, she was a great main character. She had such a messed up family and a few secrets of her own that made me really curious about what was going on.

The chemistry between the brothers is still amazing. I love those four and I've come to really like Hunter too. Don't know how I feel about the next book being about him though. I think I'm going to miss the Merrick household.

Anyways, I don't know how much of a review this is. But I loved this book so much that I can't really go into detail about anything. The Elemental series is one of my all time favourites. Brigid Kemmerer is a genious. Everyone has to read these books now.




For a short story this one was a huge shock. I didn't see this coming at all. Nick has a huge secret which only makes me love him more. He was my favourite character in the beginning but then he started going out with Quinn, who I hate and he kind of lost his charm, but after this short story he is back on the top. I honestly can't wait to read his book, book #4. If only I had the third one and the fourth one was out.

No comments:

Post a Comment