Mar 7, 2013

Ashuliya by Sabine A. Reed

I received a copy of this book for review and since I really enjoyed Black Orb by Sabine I thought this would be another great and epic story. But unfortunately it wasn't all that.

Jaelyn is the heir to the throne of Ashuliya and when her father mysteriously dies she suspects foul play. With the help of one of her father's advisers they escape into our world, gathering their forces until the day of their return.

The book started off good, with the whole conspiracy to get the throne and Jaelyn traveling all the way to our world, that was a surprise, but after that it kind of went south for me. Months started passing by with nothing much happening. There was no big plan for their return until the very last minute and it made me wonder why they had escaped in the first place.

There was also a romance factor in this book, that wasn't in Black Orb, which it felt kind of forced to me. I didn't get to know the characters all that much and in the end I didn't really care about them. And while in the Black Orb there were tons of action in Ashuliya everything went so smoothly that I didn't even get excited about a battle or something.

You see that I am comparing the two books a lot. But Black Orb was the book that made me accept this one for review and since I loved it I was expecting something even bigger from this one, but it never came.

So, all in all, I was an OK book. Great writing but the story and the characters didn't really captivate me.
★★☆☆☆

No comments:

Post a Comment