Apr 21, 2012

The Assassin and the Pirate Lord (Throne of Glass, #0.1) by Sarah J. Maas

I haven't posted for a few days now but I had a great reason about it, I was in Rome! I just got back last night and I hoped I had 5 more days to spend there. It was great and I loved everything about my trip, the city and the people in it. Everyone who is thinking about going there, you have to.

Anyways, on to the review...

This is the first of a series of prequel novellas for the Throne of Glass. In this story we are intoduced to Celaena, a 16 year old assassin. She is the best and most feared assassin of her Guild after her master. In this novella she is send to a remote island to claim something for her master without realizing that what she is there to collect is slaves. With the help of the assassin she despises the most in her Guild, Celaena will try to find a way to free the slaves and get away with it too.

I loved this first story so much. Celaena is a very strong, smart and independent person. Everything you would expect from an assassin. Also I loved the connection between Sam and her, I could really see those two together.

This little novella is full of suspence, action and of course sword fights. Loved every bit of it. Also it starts to set the mood for the world that everthing is taking place, gives us a little bit of information of what to expect in the future.

I already started the second novella and I love it too, though there is no Sam in it.

★★★★

book 19             book 14

2 comments:

  1. Ooooo.... sounds good! Off to Goodreads to check on this series!
    Thansk!!!!
    Danielle
    http://knowntoread.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book reminds me of Grave Mercy, which is awesome! The main characters sounds amazing. Great review, I'd definitely give it a shot! :)

    ReplyDelete