Sep 27, 2011

Oh.My.Gods by Tera Lynn Childs

A fun and fast read!

Phoebe's life is about to change dramatically, when her moms moves them to a tiny island in Greece to live with her new husband. What Phoebe doesn't know is that the island's only Academy is a super private school for Gods' descendents. She feels like an outcast, the only normal -nothos- kid in a school filled with semi-gods. But that doesn't stop her from pursuing her dream in running and making the school's team.

Soon enough she makes new friends, new enemies and a very cute and dangerous crush.

The story is short and fast-passed. We don't get to learn that much about the characters, so they are likable but I didn't really feel connected with ony of them. Phoebe is a cool heroine who likes to win and won't even go easy on her crush.

The book was supposed to be about the academy of semi-gods, but half way through it I forgot all about them and their powers, nothing paranormali was really happening. I was expecting more action besides the running parts. But there was no big evil to fight, no training to learn how to use your powers, no nothing.

I think the next book, Goddess Boot Camp, is going to be better...cause it's about Phoebe learning to use her new powers.


2 comments:

  1. I hope the next book is better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh.My.God. was alright. It was more of Phoebe dealing with the move to another country.It was a fun book but I was expending more of the supernatural. I'm hoping that Goddess Boot Camp is better.

    ReplyDelete