Sep 25, 2011

City Of Secrets (Stravaganza #4) by Mary Hoffman


First I have to say that I love Italy, so when I first got my hands on the first Stravaganza book I was really excited and it was great.
This one is the 4th one of the series and it travels us to a 16th century Padua of another world.

Matt is sad in his 21st century London life, with dyslexia and self-confidence problems, when he finds a book that travels him to Padova in Talia. There he meets a professor in a uni that tells him he is a Stravagante and he can travel with his talisman between the two worlds.

He also meets another stravagante Luciano, who is actually a dead boy from his school and lives his life in Talia. In his world he comes across all the Stravaganti from all the previous books and together they help him adjust in his new life.

Everything seems great, a new life in a world where Matt can read, new friends and a new city, until the di Chimici decide to trace Luciano and make him pay for killing a member of their family. All magic becomes forbidden in Padua and the adventure begins!

The book is simple writen, enjoyble and full of magic scenes. I loved it! And I can't wait to get my hands on the next 
one!


No comments:

Post a Comment